What we’re doing
We’re building state-of-the-art AI coaching technology.
Our goal is to revolutionize coaching in sports - eSports and the real world - by leveraging the latest in data and AI, making coaching affordable and accessible to every child, hobbyist, and athlete. We’re starting in gaming and eSports, then taking our technology to the next level in the real world.
trophi.ai will change lives and sports as we know it.
Things you'll do
- Design AI Coaching UI for Gamers. We’re utilizing the latest techniques in AI and analytics to deliver coaching to gamers via various interfaces, including video feedback, voice assistants, and statistical reports. You’ll be responsible for designing the user interfaces that make this next-generation technology accessible and intuitive!
- Create Engaging User Interfaces. You'll translate customer needs, based on research insights, into effective and visually appealing UI. Design intuitive flows, detailed interactions, and captivating visuals to create a seamless user experience.
- Creative and Innovative UI Solutions. We're venturing into the uncharted territories of AI innovation. You'll be tasked with creating user interface designs that merge the lines between video gaming and web applications, including in-game overlays, voice coaches, and interactive training platforms.
- Prototyping and Detailing. Sketch, prototype, and test UI ideas to quickly assess their viability, and then refine the details of interaction design, visual design, and micro-interactions. Contribute to the evolution of our UI Design System.
- Play and Test. Engage with various video games (eRacing and Rocket League to start) and test your AI-integrated UI designs.
- Understanding Gamers. You’ll conduct user research and use your findings to define mental models which shape our user interface design approach.
- Collaborate with Developers. Understanding what can be done vs. what the user wants will be critical for this role. You’ll be brainstorming with our developers to devise the best UI solutions.
- Live in or relocate to St. John’s, NL. You live or are willing to relocate to St. John’s in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Skills you’ll bring
- Strong UI design practitioner with 3+ years of experience designing digital experiences.
- Experience in managing the entire UI development process, from discovery to solution generation, wireframes to detailed user interfaces. You may collaborate with a graphic designer for the final product.
- Ability to deliver user research, information architecture, workflow creation, wireframes and interaction design, visual design, prototypes, and micro-interactions.
- Experience designing digital products and systems—not just websites. You have helped ship products.
- Experience creating clickable prototypes.
- Excellent self-starter that can build trust and collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers, and designers.
Bonus skills you might have
- Strong visual design skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with other designers to deliver a polished, cohesive product.
- A background or interest in game design.
Benefits you'll have
- Building the business - you'll be starting on the ground floor with us and shaping the company, culture, and product
- Equity in troph.ai - join us early and share in the growth
- Competitive salary
- Free snacks - coffee, tea, and snacks for all
- Learning and performance allowance - improve yourself in sports, hobbies, or your career with our learning and performance allowance
- Gym allowance
- Team celebrations - we're a team that's working hard and playing hard
Btw, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination who’s excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. trophi.ai is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
Founded in St. John’s, NL, trophi.ai is building industry-leading technology in eRacing and eSports. Today, we’re focused on AI coaching for eRacing (F1 Series, Gran Turismo Sport, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, etc.), Rocket League, and more, but our ambition is to build AI coaching for all sports, eSports and the real world, and help over a billion people realize their potential.
If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company and fundamentally change the future of sports and performance, welcome to trophi.ai.