Sr. Software Developer
What we’re doing
We’re building state-of-the-art AI coaching technology.
Our goal is to revolutionize coaching in sports - eSports and the real world - by leveraging the latest in data and AI, making coaching affordable and accessible to every child, hobbyist, and athlete. We’re starting in gaming and eSports, then taking our technology to the next level in the real world.
trophi.ai will change lives and sports as we know it.
Things you'll do
- Develop AI Coaching for Gamers. We’re using the latest techniques in AI to deliver coaching and training to competitive gamers using video feedback, voice assistants, statistical reports, and more. You’ll be working on the platform that hosts that AI!
- Build Our Core Platform. Our core platform is like a user interface for a hardcore management sim game (F1 Manager, Stellaris, any Tycoon game), with instructional mini-games and on-screen overlays. Combined, they deliver the absolute best system for improving in any game!
- Own a Stake in a Fast-Growing, VC-Financed Team. We’ve grown 3x in the past 18 months and have big ambitions. And, everyone owns some of the company. Connect with us and we’ll walk you through our plans!
- Study and Understand Games. You’ll be studying games, understanding their underlying strategies and mechanics, and using this knowledge to help deliver insights to competitive gamers.
- Play Games. Lots of playing video games (racing, Rocket League, maybe Hearthstone to start) to test your AI!
- Collaborate. We’re big on collaboration. You’ll partner with cross-functional engineering and product teams to help everyone understand what can be done and see how we can best deliver on what competitive gamers want.
- Live in St. John’s, NL. You live or are willing to relocate to St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Tech you’ll use
- We’re built on Unity, C#, Visual Studio, etc. It’s no big deal if you’re new to any of these!
- We’ve also built some neat technology in C++ and DirectX 11 that you can dip your hands into.
- We’ve got a lot of different problems to solve! If you want to get your hands into a ton of different technologies, trophi.ai is the right place for you!
Things you’ll need
- Experience in game development in 2D and/or 3D games.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency in C# or C++.
- Strong background in software architecture and OOP.
- Experience working with Product Management to high-level size and plan features and Epics.
- A keen sense for ways to improve at competitive games. We’re focused on helping players level up their game, so you’ll need to love digging into and picking apart the details of strategy, tactics, and mechanics of games.
- The ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies including conversational interfaces, AI techniques, game development techniques, and more!
- Curiosity about our problem domain and an analytical approach.
- A deep love of video games!
Bonus skills you might have
- Experience with the Unity game engine.
- Strong mathematical background in statistics, 2D/3D geometry, etc.
Benefits you'll have
- Building the business - you'll be starting on the ground floor with us and shaping the company, culture, and product
- Equity in troph.ai - join us early and share in the growth
- Competitive salary
- Free snacks - coffee, tea, and snacks for all
- Learning and performance allowance - improve yourself in sports, hobbies, or your career with our learning and performance allowance
- Gym allowance
- Team celebrations - we're a team that's working hard and playing hard
Btw, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination who’s excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. trophi.ai is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
Founded in St. John’s, NL, trophi.ai is building industry-leading technology in eRacing and eSports. Today, we’re focused on AI coaching for eRacing (F1 Series, Gran Turismo Sport, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, etc.), Rocket League, and more, but our ambition is to build AI coaching for all sports, eSports and the real world, and help over a billion people realize their potential.
If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company and fundamentally change the future of sports and performance, welcome to trophi.ai.