What we’re doing
We’re building state-of-the-art AI coaching technology.
Our goal is to revolutionize coaching in sports - eSports and the real world - by leveraging the latest in data and AI, making coaching affordable and accessible to every child, hobbyist, and athlete. We’re starting in gaming and eSports, then taking our technology to the next level in the real world.
trophi.ai will change lives and sports as we know it.
Things you'll do
- Design AI Coaching for Gamers. We’re using the latest techniques in AI and analytics to deliver coaching to gamers through video feedback, voice assistants, statistical reports, and more. You’ll be designing what we build and how we bring this next-generation technology to life.
- Create End-to-End Experiences. Translate customer needs via research insights to form new products and features. Design workflows and detailed interactions to realize them.
- Highly Interactive and Creative. You’ll be thinking way outside of the standard box. What we’re building is on the frontier of AI innovation. Our tech is somewhere between a video game and a web app. We have in-game overlays, voice coaches, out-of-game interactive training, and so much more. Your job will be to assemble the best customer experiences with all that technology.
- Prototype and Detail. Sketch, prototype, and test ideas to quickly assess their viability and then sweat the details of interaction design, visual design, and micro-interactions. Contribute to building our Design System.
- Play Lots of Games. Lots of playing video games (Racing and Rocket League to start) and testing your AI!
- Speak to Lots of Gamers. You’ll be conducting user research and leveraging your findings to define mental models which determine how we can build the best possible offering.
- Work with Developers. Understanding what can be done vs. what the customer wants will be critical for this role. You’ll be brainstorming with our developers on the best possible solutions!
- Live in St. John’s, NL. You live or are willing to relocate to St. John’s in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Skills you’ll bring
- A strong design practitioner and team member with 3+ years of experience designing digital experiences.
- Ability to work through the entire product development process, from discovery to solution generation and wireframes to detailed UI. A graphic designer might help take it to production!
- Be able to deliver design strategy, user research, information architecture, workflow creation, wireframes and interaction design, visual design, prototypes, and micro-interactions.
- Experience designing digital products and systems—not just websites. You have helped ship products.
- Experience with all facets of designing user experience: design strategy, user research, information architecture, workflow creation, wireframes and interaction design, visual design, prototypes, and micro-interactions.
- Experience creating clickable prototypes.
- Excellent self-starter that can build trust and collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers, and designers.
Bonus skills you might have
- Strong visual design skills and ability to work cohesively with other designers to deliver a cohesive, polished product.
- A background or interest in game design.
Benefits you'll have
- Building the business - you'll be starting on the ground floor with us and shaping the company, culture, and product
- Equity in troph.ai - join us early and share in the growth
- Competitive salary
- Free snacks - coffee, tea, and snacks for all
- Learning and performance allowance - improve yourself in sports, hobbies, or your career with our learning and performance allowance
- Gym allowance
- Team celebrations - we're a team that's working hard and playing hard
Btw, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination who’s excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. trophi.ai is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
Founded in St. John’s, NL, trophi.ai is building industry-leading technology in eRacing and eSports. Today, we’re focused on AI coaching for eRacing (F1 Series, Gran Turismo Sport, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, etc.), Rocket League, and more, but our ambition is to build AI coaching for all sports, eSports and the real world, and help over a billion people realize their potential.
If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company and fundamentally change the future of sports and performance, welcome to trophi.ai.