What we’re doing
We’re building state-of-the-art AI coaching technology.
Our goal is to revolutionize coaching in sports - eSports and the real world - by leveraging the latest in data and AI, making coaching affordable and accessible to every child, hobbyist, and athlete. We’re starting in gaming and eSports, then taking our technology to the next level in the real world.
trophi.ai will change lives and sports as we know it.
Things you'll do
- Design the trophi.ai AI Coaching App. Our app is a unique combination of UI, in-game overlays, and mini-games, and you’ll be our lead on their graphics and design.
- 2D and 3D Content. Craft innovative 2D and 3D art content for user interfaces (UI), motion graphics, and other in-game needs. Collaborate with engineering on technical implementation.
- Deliver Awesome Assets. Deliver optimized UI assets and layouts to the development team and ensure they are integrated at a high quality.
- Concept and Design. Concept, design, and create static and animated UI for in-game screens, features, and content using the Adobe Suite, Figma, or your other tool of choice.
- UI Design. Build logical UI flows that produce an industry-leading user experience with consideration for mouse, controller, and keyboard inputs.
- Collaborate. We’re big on collaboration. You’ll partner with cross-functional engineering and product teams to help everyone understand what can be done and see how we can best deliver on what the gamers want.
- Play Games. Lots of playing video games (Racing, Rocket League, and maybe Hearthstone to start).
- A Little Bit of Graphic Design. If you are up for it, we also could use a little bit of graphic design help. This will be less than 10% of your role.
- Live in St. John’s, NL. You live or are willing to relocate to St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Things you’ll need
- 3+ years of experience in game development as a graphic artist or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of composition, colour theory, hierarchy, animation, and typography.
- Ability to quickly prototype and visualize engaging user experiences.
- Knowledge of graphic design, typography, motion graphics, and iconography.
- Positive attitude toward solving problems with UX and game design, considering accessibility and optimization in your work.
- Understanding of game platforms and the limitations and requirements of their graphic implementations.
- Strong knowledge of game user interface patterns across mobile, console, and PC platforms
- Extensive graphic and motion design knowledge and skills using Figma and Adobe Suite software.
- A keen eye for performance improvements. We’re focused on helping players improve in games. You’ll need to love digging into the details of strategy, tactics, and mechanics of games.
- A deep love of video games.
- Portfolio showing a wide range of work.
Bonus skills you might have
- Proficiency in industry-standard 3D software such as Maya and Houdini.
- Experience with scripting languages such as C# or Python.
- Experience working in the Unity ecosystem.
Benefits you'll have
- Building the business - you'll be starting on the ground floor with us and shaping the company, culture, and product
- Equity in troph.ai - join us early and share in the growth
- Competitive salary
- Free snacks - coffee, tea, and snacks for all
- Learning and performance allowance - improve yourself in sports, hobbies, or your career with our learning and performance allowance
- Gym allowance
- Team celebrations - we're a team that's working hard and playing hard
Btw, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination who’s excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. trophi.ai is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
Founded in St. John’s, NL, trophi.ai is building industry-leading technology in eRacing and eSports. Today, we’re focused on AI coaching for eRacing (F1 Series, Gran Turismo Sport, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, etc.), Rocket League, and more, but our ambition is to build AI coaching for all sports, eSports and the real world, and help over a billion people realize their potential.
If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company and fundamentally change the future of sports and performance, welcome to trophi.ai.