What we’re doing
We’re building state-of-the-art AI coaching technology.
Our goal is to revolutionize coaching in sports - eSports and the real world - by leveraging the latest in data and AI, making coaching affordable and accessible to every child, hobbyist, and athlete. We’re starting in gaming and eSports, then taking our technology to the next level in the real world.
trophi.ai will change lives and sports as we know it.
Things you'll do
- Design AI Coaching for Gamers. We’re using the latest techniques in AI and analytics to deliver coaching to gamers through video feedback, voice assistants, statistical reports, and more. You’ll lead and decide what we build and how we bring this next-generation technology to life.
- Design Engaging Performance Game Experiences: Create immersive experiences to support players through their performance improvement journey, innovative mechanics, and compelling game loops that resonate with players and keep them engaged.
- Data and Analytics. We’re a large-scale B2C platform and we comb through lots of data to see how our users are using the platform. You’ll be using Excel, Google Sheets, and other data tools to dig deep into our users’ behaviours.
- Stay Current with Industry Trends. Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in game design, AI, platforms, and technology to create innovative and engaging game experiences.
- Playtest and Evaluate. Play games extensively (Racing, Rocket League, maybe Hearthstone), evaluating their designs, tactics, and strategy and identifying areas for improvement.
- Study and Understand Games. You’ll be studying games to understand their underlying strategies and mechanics.
- Collaborate. We’re big on collaboration. You’ll partner with cross-functional engineering and product teams to help everyone understand what can be done and see how we can best deliver what the gamers want.
- Live in St. John’s, NL. You live or are willing to relocate to St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Things you’ll need
- Relevant education. A degree or diploma in game design, interactive media, computer science, or a related field. Alternatively, completion of specialized courses or certifications in game design or development.
- Portfolio. A strong portfolio showcasing your game design projects, including prototypes, game mechanics, level designs, and narrative elements, demonstrating your ability to create engaging and immersive experiences.
- Experience. 2+ years of professional experience in game design or development, with a proven track record of working on successful games across various platforms (console, PC, or mobile).
- Technical proficiency. Familiarity with game development tools and software, such as Unity, Unreal Engine, or other similar platforms. Knowledge of programming languages, like C++ or C#, is a plus.
- Design and creativity. A strong sense of aesthetics and an understanding of game mechanics, user experience, and level design principles. Ability to create innovative gameplay experiences and compelling narratives that resonate with players.
- Analytical mindset. Ability to use data and player feedback to inform design decisions, iterate on gameplay elements, and optimize player engagement.
- Passion for gaming. A deep love for video games, staying up-to-date with industry trends, and understanding the competitive landscape to create innovative and engaging game experiences.
- Performance. A keen eye for performance improvements. We’re focused on helping players improve in games. You’ll need to love digging into the details of strategy, tactics, and mechanics of games.
Bonus skills you might have
- AI. An understanding and artificial intelligence and a keen interest in applying it to performance improvement and gaming.
- Start-ups. Experience operating in a hyper-growth/entrepreneurial environment and scaling new and emerging products from the ground up.
- Advanced Education. A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent.
Benefits you'll have
- Building the business - you'll be starting on the ground floor with us and shaping the company, culture, and product
- Equity in troph.ai - join us early and share in the growth
- Competitive salary
- Free snacks - coffee, tea, and snacks for all
- Learning and performance allowance - improve yourself in sports, hobbies, or your career with our learning and performance allowance
- Gym allowance
- Team celebrations - we're a team that's working hard and playing hard
Btw, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination who’s excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. trophi.ai is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
Founded in St. John’s, NL, trophi.ai is building industry-leading technology in eRacing and eSports. Today, we’re focused on AI coaching for eRacing (F1 Series, Gran Turismo Sport, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, etc.), Rocket League, and more, but our ambition is to build AI coaching for all sports, eSports and the real world, and help over a billion people realize their potential.
If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company and fundamentally change the future of sports and performance, welcome to trophi.ai.