Business Development Representative
Talkatoo is reinventing dictation software by modernizing the experience for veterinary professionals, making it easy to use, and ensuring it is accessible everywhere. We are a fast-growing, funded startup working with industry-leading partners. We are looking for a BDR to join our sales team.
We are a remote-first company, with offices in Halifax and Toronto.
When applying for this job, please include a cover letter that expresses your interest in the company and that you understand the minimum requirements for the position if you want to be scheduled for an interview.
Requirements (Please don’t apply unless you meet the requirements):
- Experience: Minimum 1 year of sales experience making outbound cold calls.
- Team Player: Collaborative mindset with the willingness to work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Results-Driven: Strong determination to achieve and exceed sales targets and metrics.
- Home office in a quiet environment with a reliable strong internet connection.
- Must be a resident of Canada
- Veterinary industry experience would be considered an asset
- Hubspot experience is considered an asset
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead Generation: Work with the sales team to hit daily, weekly and monthly metrics to make outbound calls, emails, and social media interactions to schedule demos and lunch and learns with veterinary clinics for members of the sales team.
- Qualification and Discovery: Qualify leads by understanding their needs, challenges, and pain points. Conduct discovery calls to gather relevant information and determine the potential fit between their requirements and our solutions.
- CRM Management: Accurately document all interactions and progress with leads in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Keep records up-to-date and maintain a clear understanding of the sales pipeline.
- Collaboration with Sales Team: Work closely with the Sales team to ensure a smooth handover of qualified leads. Collaborate on strategies to improve the sales process and achieve revenue goals.
- Performance Tracking: Monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPIs), such as lead conversion rates, call volume, and overall productivity. Continuously strive to improve performance metrics. Work with RevOps manager to keep metrics up to date.
- Must be able to attend 3-5 Trade Shows per year.